Have you ever wondered what it would be like to go solo? Owning your own business has many, many perks to it, but can also have its downfalls too. I thought i would write this blog to give you an idea about owning your own business so that you can decide whether or not it could be for you.
I know a friend of a friend that set up their own electric fireplaces company and it was the best thing they ever did. But i also know someone who set up a business doing plumbing in Plymouth that is still trying to get their business off the ground, 3 years later.
Here are some of the pros to working your own business:
- Money – Owning your own business gives you the advantage and allows you to work harder and earn more money rather than that extra cash going to your boss.
- Power – Being your own boss gives you the power of make all of the crucial decisions that will give you your own success.
- Helping the locals – You have the power to give local people a job and to help out the economy.
- You have security – No one can decide to fire you one day, you are secure.
Along with the pros, you also have some cons too, so be careful when decided:
- Investments – When starting your own business, you may have to fork out and invest in whatever it is you want to endeavour on.
- Time – You may have to dedicate the time and effort and may miss out on important things but you must remember, it’ll be worth it in the end.
- Uncertain money – Your income may be unsteady, and there may be times that you have none at all but just don’t give up.
- Learning about yourself – You may learn things about yourself that you never knew. You may need to embark on new adventures that put you out of your comfort zone.
Whether you decide its for you or not, always follow what you believe is the right choice for you, don’t ever let anyone else influence you.